Monday, September 24, 2007

What a Final that was!!!

Never did I enjoy a cricket match and the spirit in which it had been played, as today. Great Job India and Pakistan!!!

It was a great game of cricket today:) We live in California US and we woke up to an alarm clock at 4.50 am. this morning to watch this historic match:) We were left biting nails till the very last over.. Just when I thought India was going to win, Misbah showed that he had other plans:-) The confidence and temperment with which he played the game was amazing..

Speaking of captaincy, I have great respect for both Malik and Dhoni. They really have shown what the game is all about and had led their respective teams wonderfully. When Pakistan was batting nicely, it was good not to see any drooping shoulders and heads looking down. The youngsters played with confidence and this is what I loved about our team.

And I just have to say this... I saw the post match interviews and really LOVED Malik's reply to a stupid question a reporter had asked. The question was that " Do you feel more happy for coming to the finals or more sad because you lost to India?" I just feel it's a very very stupid question to ask.. And Malik answered "Are you making a movie?" I simply loved it.. We really don't need any more animosity between the two countries. Today's game had done a lot in helping us bridge our non-existant differences and way to go Malik!!

Hearty Congratulations to both teams on their wonderful performances!! I enjoyed every moment of the game..

No comments: